Friday, December 23, 2005

Why Santa doesn't visit my house

People always ask me why I don't play Santa with my son. Here is a short list of my reasons.

1) Christ has been almost totally eliminated from Christmas in favor of Santa Claus. Our country is in a sad state when we have "Holiday Trees", "Seasonal Trees", and the worst of all "Magical Trees" For a country founded on Judeo-Christian values and beliefs, free public expression of Christianity almost seems illegal. However expression of paganism and witchcraft seems to be encouraged by popular culture.

2) How St. Nicholas went from a Catholic bishop who gave money to the poor to a jolly old elf is beyond me.

3) Santa reminds me of a secular god. Think about it. "He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake. He knows if you've been bad or good.." The only one who knows if I've been bad or good is GOD.

There are a whole bunch of other reasons, but I am getting too upset to list anymore here. Maybe I will list some more tomorrow.

No comments: