Thursday, June 05, 2008

Roots and Wings?

Some people say that the best things we can give to our children are roots and wings. Roots, so they always have a place to call home, and wings so they can be free to explore the world on their own.

This week was a milestone in my household. I enrolled JP in one of our local Catholic schools this week. Just filling out the paperwork made me teary eyed. No, not because of the payment booklet which was being prepared for me, but because my little guy was so confident and excited.

I don't think there is anything about that school that he doesn't like. He especially loves his new uniform. We went to the uniform store so he could get fitted and he didn't want to take it off. He feels so grown up in it.

I know that when September comes, he will be fine and I will be the one crying. Until then, I will treasure the last few months where he is all mine.

No comments: