Friday, December 23, 2005

What is the world coming to?

I haven't been this disgusted in quite some time. Christmas ... yes, Christ's Mass, has become a profane, secular holiday. I believe the only reason it is promoted is because it is good for the economy.

We have dissected Christmas, and turned it into anything but a celebration of Jesus Christ. The last time I checked Christmas was about the birth of Jesus Christ.

I know there are many people who do not celebrate Christmas and that is fine. If someone wished me a happy Chanukah, or happy Kwanzza, I wouldn't be offended.

Why is it seemingly ok to seemingly promote other religions but not Christianty.

In Medford Massachusetts a middle school held a holiday concert. The children were instructed to call the Christmas tree a "Magical Tree". To me the term magical tree seems to refer to Wicca. Why is that ok? At this same concert, a Chanukah song was sung. Why were only the Christmas songs cut from the program? They even went to far as to change the red and green hats to white and green hats.

This whole situation reminds me of how the Communists and Nazis tried to wipe religion out of Europe.

No comments: