Monday, April 17, 2006

A Well Deserved Rest

The Holy Father has retreated by helicopter to his summer residence, Castel Gandolfo, for a few days of rest and relaxation. He will return to the Vatican on Wednesday for the general audience and to celebrate his first anniversary as Pope. Following the audience, he will return to Castel Gandolfo for a few more days.

Although he was away, He still delivered the traditional Regina Coeli address from the window of Castel Gandolfo today. The address was fed to the large television screens in St. Peter's square. There was also a large number of people who went to Castel Gandolfo to see the Holy Father.
I noticed that by the end of the Triduum, our dear Holy Father was looking very tired. By the end of the Triduum, I was very tired and I am not 79 years old. I hope I have that kind of stamina when I am 79.

I pray that our Holy Father, our priests and bishops, as well as all those who minister in the Church, find rest, relaxation and enjoyment in these days following the Triduum.

No comments: