Friday, November 16, 2007

Missed Opportunities

This week has been a trying one. It was one of those weeks there everything seemed to go wrong. Even something as simple as having a new washing machine delivered into a nightmare. I wanted to yell and scream and tell these people where to go and how to get there. I was ready to do just that, when I remembered that St. Thomas Aquinas taught that there are no indifferent actions.

Everything we do brings us either closer or, takes us further from God. Something as simple as turning on a light switch can bring us closer to God, because that simple action leads to another action. With that in mind, I decided to be charitible and explain my frustrations is a more productive manner, and view my personal frustration as an opportunity for mortification.

Each of the little frustrations of this week were opportunities for sanctity or sin. The choice was up to me. Before you get the wrong idea, I failed miserably and most of these opportunities for sanctity were wasted.

Next week will be filled with plenty of other opportunities for sanctity. I'm aiming high.

No comments: