Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Cardinal's First Post

Cardinal Sean has posted his first blog entry. In this post, he writes about his day: celebrating Mass and attending meetings.
He also writes about preparing for his flight to Rome saying,

While I am not looking forward to the many many hours of travel that we are facing, I am looking forward to the opportunity to quietly read, prepare for Rome and hopefully catch a few winks of sleep. Our itinerary says that we will be flying for almost nine hours total and shortly after our arrival at the Vatican we will be traveling immediately to San Giovanni Rotondo, where Padre Pio’s Shrine is located. I’ve heard so much about San Giovanni Rotondo and I am so excited to finally visit.


I think I’m taking more books than I can possibly read - my carry-on bag will be bursting at the seams….hopefully security lets me through the gates.



I think we can all relate to his words.

You can read the rest here.

He ends his blog with a wonderful slideshow of photos from the Consistory. (I am in more than a few of the pictures) This slideshow will be familiar to my loyal readers, as I posted the link here several months ago.

Cardinal Sean, welcome to blogging. I hope you stay.
You are well loved over here and you are always in my prayers.

No comments: