Friday, September 22, 2006

The Second Post

In Cardinal Sean's second post, the cardinal I know and love shines through. Posted about an hour ago, he tells the story of his flight and his plans for the next few days, as well as a few interesting tidbits. He is even catching on to the online lingo.

While walking through the never ending terminal in Frankfurt….I thought we were going to walk to Rome after what seemed like a three mile journey from our arrival gate to our new departure gate….as a young seminarian I was in Germany for a couple of months studying German.

I have many fond memories of those days in the early 1960’s. I will share with you, believe it or not, that I and everyone else were wearing lederhosen in those days…but, do not try to find those pictures because I assure you that the negatives have been destroyed….LOL!


Writing about his upcoming trip to San Giovanni Rotundo, Cardinal Sean says:
I should also let you know that this will be my first time visiting the Shrine. I never had the opportunity and honor to meet Padre Pio in person because like all Cappuchin friars we were asked not to visit because so many would havd overwhelmed the Friary.I will share the homily that I have written for this special Mass with you tomorrow….It’s theme is Prayer, Charity and the Joy of Forgiveness.

I think this blog is a great idea. He is shining through and I am looking forward to reading his homily. He is an excellent homilist, so I have no doubt this homily will be memorable.

Read the entire post here.

UPDATE:
I couldn't leave this post without a link to Jeff Miller's post on ecclesiastical acronyms. I particularly like LMZO. (Laughing My Zuchetto Off.)

No comments: