Saturday, April 01, 2006

Cardinal Dziwisz


With this being the eve of the anniversary of Pope John Paul's death I have been watching some of the coverage on CNN. I can't help but feel sad when I see Cardinal Dziwisz talk about the Holy Father's last days. His love for him is always evident and was especially evident at the consistory. Arturo Mari and crew took a picture of Cardinal Dziwisz kissing John Paul's tomb which I saw at his office. It is such a moving picture.
I bought the picture of him recieving the biretta from Pope Benedict and both of them have tears in their eyes. It is such a moving picture. Pope John Paul was blessed with a wonderful, loving friend. I hope that Pope Benedict has a friend as good as Stanislaw Dziwisz was to Pope John Paul II.
Photo by Domini Sumus

No comments: