Sunday, April 02, 2006

Where were you


Where were you at 9:37 p.m. Rome time on this day, last year. I was praying the rosary for the Holy Father while watching the windows of Papal apartment on TV waiting for the announcement of Pope John Paul's death.

Today at the same time, I was doing almost the same thing. I was praying the rosary for while watching Pope Benedict sitting in the same window on Vatican TV.

Both times I burst into tears. I can't believe it has been a year since Pope John Paul II went home to our Father's house. The effect he has had on my life was immense. Even though we never met, I never even saw him except for on TV, he was my friend. Strangely, I miss him even though practically I talk with him daily, and unlike when he was alive, I know he hears me.

Santo Subito!

Photo by L'Osservatore Romano

No comments: