Saturday, May 27, 2006

Address at the Sanctuary

At the end of his meeting with the people of Wadowice, the Holy Father Benedict XVI traveled by car to the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Kalwaria.

Below is the address given there:

Dear (Franciscan) Fathers,

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

During his first journey to Poland, Pope John Paul II visited this Shrine and dedicated his address to the topic of prayer. At the conclusion he said: "I ask you to pray for me here during my life and after my death." Today, I wanted to pause for a moment in the Chapel of the Blessed Virgin Mary and, with gratitude, to pray for him as he requested. Following the example of John Paul II, I also turn to you, kindly asking that you pray for me and for all the Church.

I would also like to say, as has dear Cardinal Stanislaw, that I hope Divine Providence will soon concede the Beatification and Canonisation of our beloved Pope John Paul II.

Blessing in Latin

No comments: