Monday, June 05, 2006

Archbishop Marini



Strangely enough Archbishop Piero Marini has been one of the terms that is most searched on this blog.
He is one of those interesting behind the scenes characters that everyone knows but no one knows much about.

I was lucky enough to speak with him briefly during the courtesy visits at the Apostolic Palace following the consistory. He was quite busy dealing with members of the media, but he was gracious and took a few minutes out of his busy day to speak with a lowly American parish liturgist I was honored to meet him. His English is not great, but it is much better than my Italian.

I have posted a few pictures here of Archbishop Marini putting the finishing touches on the liturgical environment.

Photos by Domini Sumus

UPDATE:
Here are links to my other posts about the archbishop:
Marini on Liturgy
Marini's Health
Other remarks

No comments: