I swiped this from Brian.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrap. Gift bags are too expensive.
2. Real tree or artificial?
Fake, real trees come complete with real bugs, and a real mess.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually at some time during the third week of Advent, but the tree went up this year before Advent even began. Why? Because JP wanted it up AND I already had the tree and decorations out because the plumber needed to get into the closet.
4. When do you take the tree down?
Around the feast of the Baptism of the Lord
5. Do you like eggnog?
Yes, but only certain ones. I have a fondness for the Hood Vanilla Eggnog.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
A full size Yamaha piano. It was a lousy instrument, but I didn't know how to play and was only 7 years old.
7. Do you have a Nativity scene?
Yes, but it's not up yet.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
9. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
A weird wall clock of the crucifixion.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail, but there are some online friends I send e-cards to.
11. Favorite Christmas Movie?
I love the Nativity Story, but I also love National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
12. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I started on Black Friday. Before you cringe, I went around 6 pm and the mall was empty. It was awesome and I got almost everything bought it one day.
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Yes, shamefully I have.
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Hickory Farms Meltaways. I know...lame.
15. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Clear. I can't stand colored, especially if they blink.
16. Favorite Christmas song.
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
We go to my aunt's house and my in laws. Each are about 15 minutes away.
18. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer.
Yes, but only because Brian had them already written here. (Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and of course Rudolph).
19. Angel on the tree top or a star?
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning (if I don't have an early Mass), but we open presents from my parents at their house on Christmas Eve.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
The war of Christmas, people out Christmas shopping who seem to have forgotten everything that Jesus taught about loving neighbors.
I tag everyone who reads this.