By the time the movie ended I realized that the story was strangely familiar, but not only because it was my 30th time watching the movie. I realized that Frosty the Snowman was a Christological figure.
Think about it.
- Frosty is born at Christmas.
- Frosty gives his life to save Karen.
- Santa allows the cold wind (Holy Spirit) to come into the greenhouse and Frosty comes back to life.
- Frosty goes to the North Pole with Santa.
- Frosty promises to return
Sound familiar? Even a bit like the Incarnation, Crucifixion, Resurrection, Ascension, and Triumphal Return? Yeah, I thought so too.
I wonder if that was intentional, or accidental. I guess Frosty will have to be banned in schools next.