- I can talk about the senses of scripture and the powers of the soul at great length.
- I know the difference between the image of God and the likeness of God.
- I know much less than I think I know.
- I can write a parody article of the Summa Theologiae.
- The Holy Spirit tends to provide the inspiration to write intense papers on intense topics at the last minute.
- The Trinity is a more difficult concept to understand that I even though it was.
- The answer to any theological question can be found in the Summa, no matter how obscure.
- Theology isn't about getting it right, it's about helping the Church get it right.
- Even the best theologian gets it wrong once in a while.
- Sometimes the best answer to a question is "I don't know".
Friday, December 14, 2007
Things I Learned from St. Thomas Aquinas
Sadly, my semester of studying the Summa Theologiae and the other writings of St. Thomas Aquinas has come to an end. I submitted my term paper yesterday (via e-mail because of the snow storm). I learned many things during this semester, most of which I wasn't expecting.