Friday, April 11, 2008

Ticket in Hand

A ticket in the hand is worth two in the mail.
My tickets for the April 20th Papal Mass in New York arrived today.
The tickets are beautiful. Really beautiful. They have a picture of Pope Benedict in the background and gold lettering. Classy tickets.

Unfortunately, I have been assigned the shmuck seats. I will be sitting in the bleachers behind the altar. So, as for as I am concerned, the Holy Father will be celebrating Mass ad orientium. Unfortunately, because of the wall behind the chair and the baldachino, I most likely won't be able to see much of the Mass.

I know there are plenty of people who will read this and wonder what I am complaining about. This is the hottest ticket available and I was lucky enough to get one. I know, I know, but I would like to at least be able to see the altar.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You lucky! I tried to get tickets too late-darn, but have a great time for the rest of us!

DominiSumus said...

Tara, sorry you didn't get tickets. You seem to be in the majority. :-(

It's going to be awesome. This will be my 5th time seeing Pope Benedict. I was very close for the first four times, so I don't mind being far away this time. I still can't believe I actually got tickets.

I am unhappy with how my diocese distributed tickets, but that is a story for another post.

Dymphna said...

How did your diocese distribute the tickets? We did it by lottery and each person had to send in a letter saying why they wanted to see the pope.

DominiSumus said...

I described the process, or lack there-of, in my latest post.

http://dominisumus.blogspot.com/2008/04/many-methods-of-ticket-distribution.html

Maraldo said...

My ticket arrived in the mail today for the Yankee Stadium mass. I got a bleacher seat too, but I'm still thrilled that I'm going. Since those of us in the bleachers won't be able to see much of the mass (maybe they'll have jumbo screens set up), I'll make sure that I set my DVR to record the whole thing on EWTN so when I get home, I'll watch it again on TV. I just hope there's no power outage while I'm gone.

DominiSumus said...

There should be screens so everyone can see the Mass. That will help.

No matter the seat, just being there is a big deal. :-)