Monday, March 06, 2006

Up Close and Personal?

The Boston Globe has written an article about the personal side of Archbishop Sean O'Malley. There are many nice parts to this article, especially the part where they spoke with people who know and interact with him on a regular basis.

Since they didn't interview me, I will present my opinion here.
I worked with Archbishop O'Malley on a regular basis for many years. He is one of the most genuine people I have ever met. He has an amazing memory and even when surrounded by hundreds of people he can focus totally on the person he is speaking to. He is gentle and warm and his dry Irish wit is ever present. He is one of very few people I trust implicitly.

I am honored and humbled to call him friend.

Boston Globe Photo Slideshow

2 comments:

Paul Anthony Melanson said...

We are known by the company we keep. And you have spent time in some good company if you are a friend of Cardinal-elect O'Malley!

Lovely blog Domini.

God bless you.

DominiSumus said...

Thank you Paul.