Friday, March 28, 2008

Books in the Mailbag

Thanks to the lovely people at Doubleday I am being tempted away from my studies by two books. Reviews will be forthcoming as soon as I am able to find time to read these books. I will be heading to the western part of the U.S. next week for vacation, so I will have plenty of time to read then. :-)

The first review will be of a book I blogged about previously: Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone's book "The Last Secret of Fatima" which will be released on May 6th. A preview copy has been sitting on my bookshelf for several weeks and words can't explain how tempting is has been to abandon my textbooks and read this instead.




The second is a book I had never heard of until I recieved the copy in the mail. I originally had hoped to blog on it for St. Patrick's Day, since it is a book of Irish blessings. "To Bless the Space Between us" was written by John O'Donohue, a priest who left his ministry for secular life. While I am neither a great fan of poetry or of priests who leave their ministry, after flipping casually through this book, I have found a few interesting poems.

No comments: