Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Rate My Classmates

If you ask for for my class notes, you had better have been absent or at least have taken your own. I am also not your personal tutor. Do not then complain after getting my notes that there are certain gaps or information that you think is wrong.

If you don't like my notes, take your own. Oh yeah, that is what you are supposed to be doing.

It's not that I don't like helping my classmates, but I don't like being taken advantage of. I have one classmate who seems to think that she doesn't have to do the work, because I will help her. I work, have a 3 year old child, and am taking three classes this semester. Between midterms and Holy Week preparations, I am spread more than thin.

Please do your own class work and if I do help you out don't complain that you don't like my notes. This woman even had the nerve to tell me how she wants me to take notes for her next time so it will be easier for her to understand. She has to be kidding! I take notes for me to understand. Any sharing of said notes is done from the goodness of my heart and in the interest of Christian charity.

Vent over!

4 comments:

Brian Michael Page said...

She's got one hell of a nerve. I don't blame you one bit for being ticked off.
BMP

Easter Almuena said...

I am so sorry to hear this.

I too am learning how to say NO for my family's sake and for my sanity. Those of us who extensively give of ourselves to others are the ones more exposed to getting hurt. I hope in the end she will have seen and understood your generosity.

Anonymous said...

I had the same problem going through school, it's because your smart, and nice--but she would never get my notes again.

Seems many make it through school holding on to the shirtails of others--I got tired of it, and learned to share information with those who shared information in return--groups can be great when everyone is pulling their fair share.

Don't worry, she may be irritated with you when you refuse to share your notes again, but she'll just find some other nice soul and tell them how to take her notes--sheesh!

DominiSumus said...

Tara, I have come to realize that you are right. It seems that every group project has at least one person who doesn't pull their weight.

I hate offending people, but I really do need to put my foot down.