Thursday, November 30, 2006

Fun With Latin

Jimmy Akin has posted a list of handy Latin phrases. Here are a few of my favorites:

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare. I think some people in togas are plotting against me.

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris. If Caesar were alive, you'd be chained to an oar.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam posit materiari? How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione. I'm not interested in your dopey religious cult.

Noli me vocare, ego te vocabo. Don't call me, I'll call you.

Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant! May faulty logic undermine your entire philosophy!

Sic faciunt omnes. Everyone is doing it.

Fac ut vivas. Get a life.

No comments: